Monday, October 28, 2013

MAC Media Lipstick! Photos,Lip Swatch&Dupe!!

MAC Media is my favorite dark vampy lipstick by MAC. They make a few different ones. Media has more of a purple tone to it, if you're looking for something with more red in it, I would go for something like Dark Side.
This shade is beautiful. I love the Satin finish of it. It smells amazing,  like vanilla.
It lasts. I like to first make a stain on my lips with it by pushing a thin layer on the lips, then blot and put a thick layer on top. It should last for hours like that.
You can wear it like a stain for less color or full on vamp. I also like to take a little on my finger and pat it on my cheeks as a cream blush. I think the matching of the same color on the lips and cheeks is gorgeous.
This is a great fall lipstick. If you do wear this dark lip, be sure to keep either the eyes or lips simple, so they don't compete with the lip. 

The price is around $15. You can purchase this at:  http://www.maccosmetics.com


A great dupe for MAC Media is Revlon Black Cherry! They have different finishes, but the color is so similar. The Revlon one is more moisturizing, which also means it may not last as long as the MAC one, but the Revlon is half the price. 

Check out the photos and swatches below! **Also, in the lip swatch photo, I'm only wearing Media as a stain, so the color can actually go darker than this. The swatch on my hand is the full effect. I'm wearing Media on my cheeks and lips in the photo. 

Let me know what you think!
xxErika



6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a tasty colour! Thankf for swatches:)

    http://liz-breygel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful color. Looks great on you! Thank you for the swatches and the dupe! Thank you so much for sharing. (◕‿◕✿)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i can wear a dark vampy red lipstick like this! i think it only looks good on fair skin like you do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch this video by Lisa Eldridge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hq0XHCzqpHo
      she shows all the dark vampy colors that goes with dark skin tones! :)

      Delete