Sunday, October 6, 2013

How to make a Latte at Home without a Froth Maker! + DIY Vanilla Syrup!

Hi guys! Today I'm going to show you how I make my Lattes at Home! I didn't have a froth maker of any kind so I decided to try a technique I heard from a friend. If you're looking for a simple way to make a latte, using what you probably already have in your kitchen, then here you go!

-If you want a plain latte then you can skip this step, but if you like Vanilla Flavoring like I do, than start this first because it takes the longest.
DIY Vanilla Syrup:
Mix 2 Cups of Water and 2 Cups Sugar in a pan on Medium heat. Stir occasionally. When all the sugar dissolves, add in 1tsp Vanilla flavoring/extract then Store in a container. This makes about 30 oz so this will last you.

-Get your Coffee ready in your mug. Leave about 1/3 room in the cup for your Froth.

-Add in your Vanilla Syrup. I use a few spoonfuls.

-To Make Froth: Put about 4 oz of Milk in either a jar with a lid or a jug or bottle with a lid. Shake it for about 35 seconds. The froth will begin to rise while your shaking it. After that, heat in microwave for about 35 seconds.
Pour the Milk into your coffee and use a spoon to keep the foam in the cup. Scoop your frothy foam out and place it on top of your coffee. 

THAT'S IT! ENJOY!


2 comments: