Friday, September 27, 2013

DIY Nail Dotting Tool! + Some simple items you can use for Quick Easy Nail Art!

Doing my nails is definitely not my strong point. I love wearing nailpolish, but I normally can't get too fancy with it since I'm not that good at painting them.
This is why I love dotting tools. You don't have to be good at it. They do all the work for you. They make perfect dots and its so simple. I didn't have a dotting tool, so I decided to make my own!
All you need is a Bobby pin. You can also use a Q-Tip, I just didnt have any. Dip the end of the pin into your nailpolish and dot unto your nail.
There are tons of designs you can make with this. I decided to keep it quick and simple. I did some dots along the tips of my nail, right down the center and then I did some all over.

The next thing used to help make a design was some masking tape. I cut a peice off and stuck it on the corner of my counter. Then cut a triangle out of the middle. I stuck it to my nail and used it as a stencil to paint a triangle.
So easy! If you're trangle isn't completely straight, just go back over the outside of your triangle with your base color to straighten them.

The last thing I did was a half moon shape on my pinkie nail. This was so easy. I just used the tape again and stuck it over 2/3 of the nail and painted the rest. I then used my nail brush to round off the edges so they went in a curve instead of a straight line. If you don't have a nail brush you can use a flat makeup brush.

Thanks for reading! 

xxErika

2 comments:

  1. Creative use for a bobby pin! I suck with those dotting tools. I should try this. Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! & I love not having to not go out and buy someyhing if I don't have to. You should give it a try! :)

      Delete