Wednesday, December 4, 2013

DIY Candy Jar Centerpiece using an old Candle!

Hi guys! So, I was looking around for a dish to put my Christmas Candy in, and I couldn't find anything that I liked for a Centerpeice. I had some empty candles and I thought, that would be perfect!
So here's an easy way to re-use your candle jars and make a beautiful dish thats great for a centerpeice.

All you do is run the Candle Jar under some hot water for a minute. It doesn't have to be too hot. Then take a knife and run all around the edges of the wax. It should loosen up and come right out with some wiggling.

Then wash your jar, I used dawn dish soap, then dry it off.

If you want to spray paint the jar you can. Just scrape the jar with some sand paper so the paint will have something to cling to. Then do a coat or two. Let that dry and your all done.
My jar was already painted white on the outside so I didn't have to, or you can just leave it clear.

I know this is very easy, but i just wanted to give an idea for you to use your old candles! 

Thanks for Reading!
xxErika

No comments:

Post a Comment